Now, there is no Magic Potion to grow hair. Product selection, diet, haircare routine are just some factors that play into hair health and hair growth. Research does support some herbs may slow hair loss and promote new growth. Here are some popular ones:
- Rosemary: Rosemary has been used for centuries to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. It works by stimulating blood circulation to the scalp, which in turn promotes hair growth. To use rosemary for hair growth, you can make a DIY hair rinse by steeping fresh or dried rosemary in hot water and then straining the mixture. Once cooled, you can pour the rinse over your hair after shampooing and conditioning. Rosemary is the primary ingredients we marinate our Lock Seal Retain Moisture Oil in.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is another herb that can help promote hair growth. It works by increasing blood flow to the scalp and stimulating hair follicles. This mint is also anti-bacterial & anti-inflammatory.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera has many benefits for hair, including promoting hair growth. It contains enzymes that can help remove dead skin cells from the scalp, which can clog hair follicles and prevent hair growth. Aloe vera also contains proteolytic enzymes that can stimulate hair growth.
- Lavender: Lavender is a popular fragrant but also offers incredible results for your crown. It improves blood flow to scalp follicles, relieves scalp inflammation and tames frizz. This herb also strengthens the hair and may improve that receding hairline (Men!!) You can use our hot oil treatment (Lavender Essential Oil and Buds in Magic Sauce) on your next wash day; increasing moisture and repairing those hair strands. Here are step by step directions on How to Apply a Hot Oil Treatment.
- Hibiscus: This flower has been used for centuries in traditional medicines for hair health. hibiscus stimulates hair follicles, increases follicle size and promotes hair growth. This herb has so many other amazing benefits: Keeps hair thick, full of volume, treats dandruff, prevents split ends, and decreases hair loss.
- Ginseng: This herbal plant helps both, the roots and length of the hair. The ginseng root is high in Saponin, an anti-bacterial compound, which will sweep away dandruff from the scalp solving that problem long term.
- Self-care Tip: For less than $5 give yourself an Aloe Vera Scalp Mask. Apply fresh aloe vera gel directly to your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes before washing it out.Easy, Cheap, Effective! . These are just a few of the many herbs that can be used to promote hair growth & hair health. It's important to remember that everyone's hair is different, so what works for one person may not work for another. Th e key is choosing high quality products that focus on using all natural ingredients that work!